This tutorial will help you to get started with cPanel and WHM. Follow the installation process step by step and setup it easily.
When you order a cPanel plan you receive a VPS with the default cPanel and WHM installation.
- WHM is the web host manager which you use to admydminister features and permissions available to cPanel users.
- cPanel is where you setup your actual websites, email addresses, dns zones etc.
The first thing you need to do is access your WHM installation and complete the setup.
Browse to https://203.143.x.x:2087/ to setup WHM.
Please read: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/WHMDocs/WHMInitialSetup which outlines the initial setup process.
Very Important Notes (read before completing the WHM setup)
- If you have ordered the Initial cPanel Setup product the setup will be done for you so you do not need to follow the notes below.
- We recommend selecting NCD as your DNS server, there is an issue with BIND and serving your default domain DNS zones.
- The Resolver IPs are: 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11
- The main network device will be selected for you (usually eth3)
- The cPanel setup will recognise one assigned IP on your machine. You'll also receive a second IP in an email after setup completes, which you should assign through the cPanel setup. If you wish to order further IPs you can order them through the control panel, see: http://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/18/0/how-do-i-add-another-ip-address
- To assign an IP to your machine see: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/WHMDocs/AddNewIP
- If you intend to use your own name servers (e.g. ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com) which is highly recommended, this needs to be setup DURING the WHM Setup process, please read: http://www.vpsblocks.com.au/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/45/0/setting-up-your-own-name-dns-servers-in-whmcpanel
Once you have run the initial setup process, you need to create or modify the default packages. On the left hand side find 'Packages'. Edit or Add your own setting features as required. If you are hosting your own website you should edit the 'default package' and give yourself ALL features.
Then you need to add an account. Select the Account option on the left hand panel. Set your permissions and features. For help see: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/WHMDocs/CreateAccount
Once you have created your cPanel account, you can login to cPanel at: https://203.143.x.x:2083/