Installing ConfigServer firewall is recommended onto cPanel VPS for security . An easy explanation for quick learning.
Firewall security is important on any server environment.
It is recommended that you install ConfigServer firewall onto your cPanel VPS and we explain how.
- Login to your VPS via SSH (we recommend using putty)
- Perform the following commands one by one:
rm -fv csf.tgz
tar -xzf csf.tgz
- Once these commands have been performed, log into WHM on your VPS.
- Locate the "Plugins" tier, which is at the bottom of the left hand menu and select ConfigServer Security & Firewall
- Select Firewall Configuration
- You must alter the option TESTING and change the 1 to a 0.
- Once these changes have been made, scroll to the bottom, select Change and Restart once changes are saved.
That's it! Your basic configuration of CSF is done.